With hundreds of hair growth pills, shampoos, oils, and serums flooding the shelves of pharmacies and online stores, buyers are finding it hard to choose the one that is effective, economical, and safe for use.
Many of these products do not stand up to their promises while many others provide temporary results. Some products are genuine though.
However, most of these products, whether they are effective or not, are associated with serious sexual side effects, which persist even when you stop taking those pills.
No one would want these kinds of side effects, which is where ScalpMed comes in.
The manufacture of ScalpMed hair regrowth products claims that they are not just effective but also free of any sexual side effects.
Are you wondering if ScalpMed works? Don’t worry, in this blog, we will discuss its effectiveness and if it is worth trying.
This kit is designed to cleanse and detoxify your scalp and improve the scalp’s health so that the hair follicles can grow faster and quicker, thereby improving the hair density.
The manufacturer claims that “does ScalpMed work?” is no more a question among the users and potential buyers because their product has been helping people win the battle against hair loss within just 6 months.
It also claims that their product can deliver you as good results as the painful costly surgeries can.
Scalp Med is one of those products, which aim to achieve hair regrowth, and this topic has been covered in fog already for centuries. People have been talking about it back and forth, everyone having a different experience, some mentioning great ingredients, some saying it showed results, but others saying it had no use at all… So is it a waste of time? or is it going to take care of the problem?
Unfortunately, Scalp Med is one of those products, we have to call – “see for yourself” or “if you don’t use it you will never know…”.
This article is aiming to help people, decide for themselves, and see if they want to invest in this hair growth product or not.
If you have read the online reviews, specifically the ones available on Amazon, the question ‘does ScalpMed really work’ would probably still be in your mind because the reviews there are very confusing and doesn’t help conclude if it is worth trying.
However, since this is an FDA approved hair loss product, which means their ingredients are trustworthy, we would ask you to give it a try, provided it fits in your budget (please note that it is quite expensive as compared to many other hair loss supplements and shampoos).
Overview of Characteristics
- Thickening of hair
- Triggers regrowth of hair follicles
- Stopping of hair loss
- Most users experience hair growth during treatment
- FDA approved
- Contains Minoxidil
- Expensive treatment in long run
ScalpMed has designed two different sets of products, one made for each sex. Both of them are almost the same.
But, the one meant for men contains Vitadil-5A, which contains 5% minoxidil solution, whereas the one meant for women contains 2% minoxidil solution.
Minoxidil is an FDA-approved topical solution useful for treating baldness and hair thinning. (2) It has been used as a remedy for treating baldness since 1987 after a clinical study concluded that it can be used to treat both male and female pattern baldness. (3) Click here to read more about Minoxidil.
The other ScalpMed ingredient is their patented formula ‘Nutrisol’ which is a blend of silk amino acids, biotin, panthenol, essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
All these ScalpMed ingredients are clinically proven to help boost hair regrowth. So, technically speaking, ‘does ScalpMed work’ should not be in your mind.
However, since the Amazon feedbacks are not very encouraging, we would like to explain more about Scalp Med and its side effects.
Before and After
Results may vary according to user, while some experience no hair growth, others gain long lost hair follicles within a short period of time during the treatment.
Generally speaking the treatment should be started as soon hair loss has started, because once no follicles are left in the given area, hair regrowth is not possible anymore.
ScalpMed Side Effects
As mentioned above, the Scalp Med ingredients are all safe to use, with no known potential side effects.
Minoxidil is its main ingredient and, in rare cases, it may cause irritation in scalp, change of hair color or hair texture, dizziness, chest pain, swelling in hands, feet, tongue, and lips, burning sensation in the scalp, redness of scalp, difficulty breathing, irregular heartbeat, tiredness as well as unwanted hair growth in adjacent areas such as forehead and ear.
If you experience or see any such side reaction, please stop using the product immediately and consult a doctor.
Even though it is an FDA-approved product, you must ensure that it is not causing any kind of inflammation or burning sensation in the scalp. These issues are signs of allergic reactions and they must not be ignored.
Hair loss, being one of the most frustrating problems of the 21st century, has not been yet conquered.
Both men and women experience a number of insecurities concerning the hair thinning and shrinking hair follicles.
Losing an excessive amount of hair can be a sign of more serious health issues, but also cause a variety of psychological and social problems. Therefore, it is crucial to find the treatment that will finally settle the score once and for all.
According to numerous customer reviews ScalpMed has been that remedy against the hair loss for an astonishing number of people due to the following benefits:
- Even though the price may seem a little high, you will not run out of the product in the next 2-6 months
- Applying ScalpMed takes 15 seconds on average
- The product offers an extra-strength formula in the hair-loss treatment due to ingredients used
- ScalpMed is both patented specifically for men and women, offering a unique solution on the market
- Manufacturer guarantees absence of any sexual side effects due to the localized application formula
Does the ScalpMed work for all?
Everyone is unique and has different causes of- and predisposition to certain types of health disorders.
People are all different, which explains why the sensitivity level of some people vary greatly in comparison with the rest.
This is why, there will never be a one-size-fits-all solution on the beauty market, specifically because when they write a review, every consumer focuses on his/her particular case and explain the way they made it through their own hair loss journey. Having said that, ScalpMed has observed and analyzed all the customer reviews and has proven that nearly 96% of people had positive experience and see results.
So, we leave it up to you to decide whether ScalpMed is really effective.
- Astonishing results in just a couple of months
- Healthy scalp and hair
- Nourished hair follicles
- Moisturized scalp's skin
- Possible scalp irritations
- High price paid at once
- Reported to have no effect on 4% of consumers
As it has already been mentioned, ScalpMed does have a number of benefits for those men and women who struggle with hair loss.
However, to understand what is that specific “magic” element that makes the product stand out on the market and have literally no sexual side effects, let us take a closer look at the set`s composition.
Apart from the patented formula that is a combination of Nutrisol RM, ScalpMed’s Vitadil 5A, and PhytoComplex for which the ScalpMed has all the rights reserved, the other important elements are:
- Beta-Sitosterol (BS), which is a naturally-occurring phytosterol that is contained in certain fatty-acids rich foods like avocados and nuts or some of the plant based oils. A number of studies shows that BS has been an effective tool used to treat some of the most common urologic symptoms in men who struggle with prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, or enlarged prostate), which makes it a powerful tool in blocking Dihydrotestosterone(DHT)- one of the most common causes of the male pattern baldness. Apart from this Beta-sitosterol is ought to reduce the cholesterol levels and minimize the risk of certain types of cancers.
- Zinc, an element, that plays a crucial role in hair tissue growth and repair. One of not so evident functions of zinc is that it is good at keeping up the effect of oil glands within the hair follicles. The majority of studies show that deficiencies in zinc can lead to the hair loss.
- Biotin, also known as vitamin H, a water-subtle vitamin that belongs to vitamin B family. This vitamin is known to nourish the scalp’s skin with the right nutrients and subsequently to ensure the health of the newly grown hair.
- Niacin, another crucial B Vitamin for your hair and scalp’s health. Some of the most common reported niacin’s benefits include:
- Healthier hair looks due to the right hair nutrition
- Reduces thinning of hair and promotes the feel of fuller hair
- Moisturizes the scalp
- Minimizes any skin-inflammations
- Regulates the scalps oil production
- Selenium, a trace element, which is used to kill the dandruff-causing fungus and therefore ensure the scalp’s protection from a range of such skin conditions as eczema and seborrheic dermatitis, which are often blamed for preventing the hair loss and weakening the hair follicles. Another crucial function of the element is the production of the essential thyroid hormones for hair growth.
- Saw Palmetto Extract, which, according to some studies can not only successfully block 5-alpha-reductase, causing DHT, but also treat the enlargement of the prostate.
- Horsetail Extract, which enhances the blood circulation on scalp and therefore contributes to the revival of the shrinking hair follicles
- Green Tea, which, according to a study conducted back in 2006, can affect the hair loss providing quite significant results. This element stimulates the hair follicles and protects the scalp along with the hair cells from any potential damage
- Linolenic Acid, an essential fatty acid which falls under the to the omega-3 fatty acids group. This acid easily boosts the new hair growth by promoting the scalp’s health
- Turmeric Extract, being rich on curcumin, which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant functions, ensures the moisturized scalp
- Bamboo Extract, which ensures the smooth and shiny hair look
Which elements are essential for scalp’s health?
The correlation between the healthy luxurious mane from tabloids and the nourished scalp has long been proven. Hair follicles, which cover the entire scalp and, through which the hair grows, produce sebum (oil), essential to maintain the scalp’s health. However, excessive amounts of sebum can block the hair follicles, cause dandruff or scalp’s infection and, in most severe cases, even lead to the hair loss.
Therefore, it is of crucial importance to maintain the scalp’s skin clean and clear to ensure there is nothing blocking the hair growth.
Besides, in order to promote the hair growth, you need to ensure your scalp gets the right amount of nutrients, including right proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, along with essential minerals, and vitamins. The majority of products that we use on a daily basis do not provide enough of these for our hair, especially for people who experience hair thinning or hair loss.
Therefore, we recommend paying attention to ScalpMed, a product, that contains perfectly balanced amount of hair essential nutrients and is targeted to fight the hair loss in men and women.
How to use Scalp Med
- Preparation: create a solution with the bottles labeled as 1 and 2
- Twice a Day massage (9 Pumps) of solution onto area on Scalp where hair thinning occured, only after 4 hours wash out.
- In order to nurish area use Detox My Scalp with around 20 pumps and massage into dried hair for good 3-4 minutes, only apply once a week
ScalpMed: Is It a Scam?
Now comes the main question, does Scalp Med work?
If we look at the Amazon reviews, we would probably dismiss it as a scam but there is much more to it than just the poor ratings and reviews.
- On Amazon it has received mixed reviews, some buyers claimed that it didn’t work for them, while others reported successful results after using ScalpMed.
- However, on its official website and online store, the manufacturer has claimed that over 95% of its users have experienced positive and significant hair growth within 6 months of use. The manufacturer hasn’t got an independent clinical study conducted so far and therefore the ScalpMed results stated may be questionable.
Causes of Hair Loss
We highly recommend identifying the causes of your hair loss with your doctor or other health care professional before proceeding with this article. According to American Academy of Dermatology Association, the most common causes of hair loss in both men and women are the following:
- Hereditary hair loss
This type of hair loss can be developed by both men and women and is also known as androgenic alopecia. The difference is only in the type of the pattern hair loss: male and female.
Another common type of hair loss, due to the slowing hair growth that happens with age.
- Alopecia areata
A hair loss type that is tied to immune disorders.
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI)
Some STIs, such as Syphilis can cause hair loss, if not being treated.
- Lack of vitamins and essential nutrients:
Too little biotin, iron, protein, or zinc may lead to the hair loss.
- Scarring alopecia
The condition can only develop when the hair follicles are destroyed due to inflammation. Unfortunately, the hair cannot grow back once the follicle is destroyed. The medical term for this condition is cicatricial alopecia.
Common places where the clothes or shoes rub against the skin can cause hair loss as well.
- Cancer treatment
Chemotherapy or radiation treatment causes partial or full hair loss just within a couple of weeks of treatment.
Other common reasons for hair thinning, or hair loss include:
- Childbirth, illness, or other stressors
- Hair care
- Hormonal imbalance
- Scalp infection
- Scalp psoriasis
- Pulling your hair
- Thyroid disease
It is worthy of note that in almost all of the cases mentioned above, a right treatment can help stop or slow hair loss and improve the condition of the thinning hair. In more severe cases, such as scarring alopecia, the only way to combat the condition is to diagnose it as fast as possible and immediately start the treatment to avoid further hair loss.
Based on numerous customer reviews, ScalpMed is indeed one of the best solutions to reach out to. Due to its unique composition, namely such prominent components as NutriSol RM and minoxidil, it may also help regrow hair. The latter component has also been FDA-approved to emphasize the effectiveness of the hair loss treatment for many men and women. Customer reviews support the evidence that the visible results can be noticed already in 6 months. The earlier treatment is started, the better results one could expect. Without treatment, unfortunately, hair loss cannot be stopped. Keep reading this article, to decide if ScalpMed is the best choice for you.
As mentioned above, the main ingredient of Scalp Med is Minoxidil, which is a highly effective topical hair loss product. So, instead of buying ScalpMed, you can simply buy minoxidil from Amazon or your nearby pharmacy. Minoxidil is easily available and it costs much less than ScalpMed. Many users have commented that they would rather buy minoxidil or biotin instead of spending quite some money on this expensive kit.
If you are interested in Scalp Med alternatives, here are some options for you.
$19.95 - Subscriptions Available
Finasteride is an FDA-approved and clinically proven once-daily medication for male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia, or typical male balding) that works by blocking the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Finasteride's demonstrated regrowth capabilities have made it a powerful solution for millions of men dealing with hair loss.
$19.95 - Subscriptions Available
A clinically proven regrowth solution for hair loss, 5% Minoxidil has been helping men regrow hair for over three decades. Minoxidil can revive hair follicles, help maintain hair density, and is the #1 dermatologist-recommended and approved solution on the market. 90% of men who use minoxidil over 12 months report results, and it’s a go-to for those first starting their hair restoration journey.
Finasteride is the only FDA-approved, once-daily oral medication for male pattern baldness, clinically proven to regrow hair by reducing dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body, the so-called "hair loss hormone." Combined with 5% Minoxidil, an easy-to-use topical treatment that can aid in the growth of new hair, this bundle takes restoration to the next level for men dealing with balding, patchiness, or thinning hair.
The Natural Leave-In Kit features some of our most powerful topical formulas - each of which contains three active ingredients shown to fight the effects of DHT, a hormone linked with hair loss. These topicals work together to protect and nourish your scalp and strands, so your hair looks thicker, fuller, and healthier overall.
$89.95 - Subscriptions Available
This regrowth kit is a powerful, broad defense system for men dealing with hair loss, including the Shapiro MD DHT Fighting Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-In Foamer, and the clinically proven power of our 5% Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Serum.
These patented haircare solutions contain natural, active ingredients that have been shown to fight the effects of DHT, the hormone widely believed to be a leading cause of hair loss. Our 5% Minoxidil serum harnesses the validated regrowth capabilities of minoxidil, an ingredient shown to produce results in over 90% of men.
Finally, like any other minoxidil product, this will work only as long as you keep using it. When you stop, the effect will stop and the hair may even start falling out again.
The big answer whether Scalp Med works or not is: yes it does!
But one is required to continue using it, which could be expensive in the long run. Other Minoxidil solutions are available on the market for half or even less than the price of ScalpMed, which should be kept in mind when choosing a Formula.
References, Sources and Studies:
- Goodman B. Study: Sexual Side Effects of Hair Loss Drugs Persist. WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/men/news/20110309/sexual-side-effects-of-hair-loss-drugs-persist#1. Published March 9, 2011.
- A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness and Safety of 5 Percent Minoxidil Foam in the Treatment of Male Pattern Hair Loss – Full Text View. Full Text View – ClinicalTrials.gov. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00151515.
- IRVIN MOLOTSKY Sto the NYT. BALDNESS DRUG GAINS SUPPORT. The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/17/us/baldness-drug-gains-support.html. Published March 17, 1987.
Bridget Reed is a Tampa-based content development manager, writer, and editor at GR0; specializing in content related to varying fields including medicine, health, and small businesses. Bridget went to St. Petersburg College and majored in Management and Organizational Leadership.